Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel Mexican Rice
Looking for a quick and easy dinner fix? This Smoked Mackerel Mexican Rice from Ryan Mangan (@thefoodanatomist) is the seafood and rice combination you didn't know you needed!
We are delighted to collaborate with Ryan once again to bring you some new and creative dishes. This Smoked Mackerel Mexican Rice using our Atlantic Treasures Garlic, Herbs and Spices Smoked Mackerel is the perfect dish anytime of year.
Want to recreate this delicious recipe at home? Here's what you will need:
Smoked Mackerel Mexican Rice - Serves 3
- 400 g White Rice
- Chicken Stock, dissolved in 700 ml of Boiling Water
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 100ml Water (gradually add to the boiling rice if needed)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
Vegetable and Mackerel Mix
- Atlantic Treasures Garlic, Herbs & Spices Smoked Mackerel, 3 fillets (chopped well)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Carrot, grated into strips
- 1 Courgette, diced
- 1/2 tin of Kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 tin Chopped tomatoes,
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Blitz the onion, garlic, tomato purée, cumin, paprika and water together into a smooth paste.
2. Fry the rice in a medium-sized saucepan, containing preheated olive oil. Keep on medium heat. Fry for 2 minutes or until the rice is golden brown.
3. Add the purée and chicken stock to the fried rice, mix well, place the lid over the saucepan and stir frequently, over 20 mins until the rice is fluffy and completely cooked. Add more water if needed.
4. Prepare all veggies, add the garlic and onion to a large frying pan oiled over medium heat. Once the onions are tender, add the rest of the veggies, leaving the chopped tomatoes until 5 minutes after frying the veggies. Add the chopped tomatoes, followed by the chopped mackerel, place the lid over the pan and allow to boil through for another 5 minutes.
5. Mix the rice, and vegetable mix together. Add your toppings and get ready to serve!
Remember you can purchase our Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel @ www.thefishstop.ie
Leave A Comments