Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel Risotto
Mix up your risotto by using our Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel range. Quick and easy, this wholesome dish is a must try!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 250g Risotto Rice
- 100ml White Wine
- 1litre Vegetable Stock
- 2 Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel packs
- 100g Fresh Spinach
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. Place the onion in the pan, then sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the rice and mix until coated in the butter, then pour in the wine and let it bubble until it’s almost all disappeared.
- Pour in half the stock, give it a good stir, then leave to gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Add half of the remaining stock, stir again and cook for 5 minutes more. Keep adding stock and cooking until the rice is soft.
- Peel the skin off the mackerel, scrape away any dark brown flesh, then flake. Stir into the rice adding the spring onions and spinach, then cook just until the spinach has wilted slightly. Serve straight away and enjoy!
Leave A Comments