New Potato, Rocket & Smoked Mackerel Salad Recipe By Chef Brian McDermott
There is something special about the taste of a new potato. In this recipe made exclusively for Atlantic Treasures, Donegal chef Brian McDermott shows us how to make a simple smoked mackerel salad using the humble potato. Packed full of flavour and perfect for all year round.
New Potato, Rocket & Smoked Mackerel Salad (Serves 4 People)
250g new potatoes (washed & diced with the skin on)
4 eggs (soft boiled)
2 Atlantic Treasures Honey & Mustard Smoked Mackerel fillets
4 slices of dry cured bacon
Handful of rocket
50ml rapeseed oil
2 fresh tomatoes
1 lemon Salt & paper
Pinch of fresh tarragon or parsley
- Cook the potatoes until soft but they hold their shape. Drain and keep warm.
- Mix together zest of lemon, half the juice, rapeseed oil, salt & pepper.
- Add the chopped tarragon or parsley. Set aside.
- Grill the bacon until crispy, cut into strips.
- Peel the soft boiled eggs and cut into quarters.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Peel the skin from the mackerel and brake into flakes.
- Assemble by adding a tablespoon of the dressing into the rocket and arrange in a bowl followed by the mackerel, tomatoes, warm potatoes, bacon and eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Brian’s Top Tip: Warm the mackerel under the grill if you wish. Replace bacon with some leftover cooked ham
Get any of the Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel range HERE