Penne Mackerel Bake Recipe By Chef Brian McDermott
This delicious recipe is ideal for people looking to create simple, tasty and healthy food at home.
Created exclusively by Donegal chef Brian McDermott for Irish seafood company Atlantic Treasures, this Penne Mackerel Bake is perfect for mid-week dinner time.
RECIPE FOR ATLANTIC TREASURES SMOKED MACKEREL & LEEK PENNE BAKE (SERVES 2 PEOPLE)
• 2 Atlantic Treasures Maple Wood Smoked Mackerel Fillets
• 1 Leek
• 25g Butter
• 150g Penne Pasta
• 200ml Cream or Crème Fraiche
• 30g Breadcrumbs
• 1 Lemon Zest
• 50g Cheddar (Grated)
• 6 Capers (Chopped)
• Fresh Chopped Parsley
• Fresh Ground Pepper
• Turn on grill to preheat.
• Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes.
• Melt butter in a saucepan.
• Trim, wash and slice the leeks and sweat in the melted butter. When leeks are soft add pepper, chopped capers and cream and then simmer.
• Break up the mackerel into bite sizes and add to the leeks and cream stir gently on low heat.
• Drain the pasta and add to the mackerel. Place in earthen ware dish.
• Mix breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley with zest of lemon in a bowl and mix.
• Scatter over top of mackerel and place under grill until a golden crust appears.
Brian’s Tip: Add some cooked white fish for the perfect seafood bake.