Recipe: Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel with Pilau Rice
This is a great tasty and healthy family dish. Along with the spice from the rice mixture and our Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel flavour, this dish is sure to be a favourite with the family.
- 1 tsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 250g Basmati Rice
- 500ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 200g Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel
- 80g Frozen Peas
- 1 Lemon, Juice Only
- Lemon Wedges to Serve
- 2 tbsp Roughly Chopped Flatleaf Parsley
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion and stir well. Cover with a lid and leave to cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the rice and stir, then add the stock. Stir well and cover with a lid.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer gently with the lid on for about 15 minutes. When the rice has absorbed all the stock it should be tender. If not, add a splash of boiling water then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flaked Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel, peas, lemon juice and parsley and mix carefully. Taste with salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute to make sure it’s hot through, then serve with wedge of lemon.Enjoy!
We recommend purchasing all your fish from a reputable source. Shop online at Atlantic Treasures Fish Stop.