Recipe: Baked Hake Gratin
You don't have to be a chef to whip up great tasting food. We spotted this recipe on RTÉ and put a personal touch on it, using two of our favourite Donegal brands.
To make this delicious Baked Hake Gratin you'll need fresh fish from The Fish Stop, Killybegs, Donegal Farmhouse Kilard Cheddar Cheese and Hot Yellow Mustard from Filligans.
- 6 Hake Fillets, from the Atlantic Treasures Fish Stop
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 225g Donegal Farmhouse Kilard Cheese
- 1 tbsp Filligans Hot Yellow Mustard
- 4 tbsp cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Season fresh hake fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper. Arrange the fillets in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the Kilard Cheddar grated cheese with the Filligans Hot Yellow Mustard and cream and spread carefully over the fish. It can be prepared ahead and refrigerated at this point.
- Cook in a preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the top is golden and bubbly.
Serve along with baby boiled potatoes and parsnip puree...or simple potatoes!
We always advise you buy your Fresh Fish from a reputable supplier. We recommend to shop our website The Fish Stop, we provide nationwide delivery!
We are a family-run seafood business located in the heart of Killybegs. We offer nationwide delivery, giving our customers the freshest catch available on the island of Ireland.
We pride ourselves on only selected the best quality seafood and you'll love our Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel range.
Leave A Comments