Recipe: Cherry Tomato and Basil Smoked Mackerel Linguine
Our talented brand partner @bitsandbites.ie created this delicious linguine recipe using our Atlantic Treasures Garlic, Herbs and Spices Smoked Mackerel. Check out @bitsandbites.ie on Instagram for more recipe inspiration.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 1 Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Linguine
- Fresh Basil
- Red Chilli
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash of Cream
- Atlantic Treasures Garlic and Herb Smoked Mackerel
- Spinach, optional
- Olive Oil
- Reserve Salted Pasta Water
- Cook your linguine in salted water. Don’t forget to reserve a cup of pasta water, once the pasta is cooked!
- In a large pan heat oil and fry your chilli and garlic.
- To the pan add in your cherry tomatoes and basil and leave simmer until the tomatoes start to break down and form a sauce.
- Leave this sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes on a medium to high heat, stirring the tomatoes occasionally.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked, start to lightly mash the down with a fork.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in your cream.
- Add the linguine to the pan and stir the sauce through.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water to thicken the sauce.
- Cut up the Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel and add it to the pan. Pop the pan back on heat for 2-3 minutes to heat the mackerel.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe and image credit to Aisling from @bitsandbites.ie