Recipe: Fish Fajitas
These Fish Fajitas are the perfect Friday treat! They're mildly spiced and are served along side tortillas, sour cream and homemade guacamole. They're bursting with flavour and go even better with a cheeky margarita! You can order your Fresh Fish from the Atlantic Treasures Fish Stop website.
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp Fajita Seasoning
- 400g Haddock Fillets, cut into chunky strips
- 4 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Lime
- 1 Pack Flour Tortillas
- Grated Cheese and Soured Cream
- Heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the fajita seasoning into the breadcrumbs.
- Brush a non-stick baking sheet with oil. Firstly, dip the fish strips into the egg, then coat them with the breadcrumbs. Place the fish in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the spring onions and peppers on a baking tray and turn them through a small amount of oil. When the fish has been in the oven for 5 minutes, put the onions and peppers in. Bake for a further 10 minutes until the fish fingers are golden.
- Mash the avocados with a fork and stir through the diced tomato, lime juice and some black pepper. Prepare the grated cheese and sour cream in serving dish.
- Warm the tortillas for 15-30 seconds in the microwave, or in the oven.
- Serve your fish fajitas alongside sour cream, homemade guacamole and grated cheese.