Recipe: Grilled Calamari Salad
People often think that calamari isn't for them, but in truth, it's a great lunch or dinner option. Jazz up your weekday with this spicy grilled calamari salad - it's full of delicious flavours and textures and it's low in calories so there is no need to worry about your meal plan.
- 1 lb squid, cleaned (available from The Fish Stop, Killybegs, Donegal)
- 1⁄2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 4 cups Watercress
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Toss the squid bodies with the oil, and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- When the grill is very hot, add the squid and grill for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and chili sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Slice the grilled squid into rings
- In a salad bowl, toss the squid, watercress, cucumber, tomato, onion, and peanuts with the dressing.
Total kcal per serving 220kcal.