Recipe: Low Cal Fish and Chips
Searching for that midweek treat that won't affect your meal plan. We have the perfect low calorie fish and chips, bringing your takeaway favourites to your own home! Here is what you will need:
- 400g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ Lemon, zest only
- 2 Cod Loin Fillets
- 150g Peas, to serve
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Boil the chips for 3-4 minutes. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into a baking tray and heat in the oven. Add the chips in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolk, lemon zest, salt and pepper together in a bowl. In a bowl, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Fold the yolk mixture into the white.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture, then transfer to the lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the peas in water for 2-3 minutes. Serve the fish and chips with the peas and lemon wedges.
Total kcal per serving 419kcal.
Leave A Comments