Recipe: Thai Prawn Noodles
Spice up your midweek meals with this Thai Prawn Noodle Stir Fry, with fiery ginger and fresh crunchy vegetables. This stir fry is the perfect low calorie lunch or dinner alternative.
- 100g Rice Noodles
- 1 Orange, Juice and Zest
- 1½-2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1-2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 25g Ginger, scraped and shredded
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 85g Sugar Snap Peas, halved lengthways
- 140g Beansprouts
- 175g King Prawn
- Basil, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- Put the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover them. Set aside to soak for 10 mins.
- Combine the orange juice and zest, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and 3 tbsp water to make a sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and add half the ginger and the garlic. Add the pepper and stir-fry. Add sugar snaps, pour in the curry sauce. Add the beansprouts and prawns, and continue cooking until the prawns just turn pink.
- Drain the noodles, then toss these into the pan with the herbs and remaining ginger. Mix until the noodles are well coated in the sauce, then serve.
TOTAL KCAL PER SERVING 438KCAL