Recipe: Zesty Cod Goujons
If you’re looking for a simple but delicious dinner idea, why not try these Homemade Zesty Cod Goujons. Not only are they easy to make but they are sure to be a winner with all the family! We recommend using fresh cod from Atlantic Treasures Fish Stop.
- 2 Cod Fillets (Skinned)
- 50g Corn Flour
- ½ Tsp Lemon Zest
- ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 250ml Oil
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Wedge of lemon
- Cut the cod fillets in half length ways, then slice the fillet in half into about four long strips on the diagonal. This will give you eight goujons from the fillet.
- Put the cornflour into a shallow bowl and season with salt, lemon zest, cayenne pepper and pepper. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl and beat the eggs in an additional bowl.
- Dip each goujon in the corn flour, coating in the egg and then finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the goujons for about 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from oil and place in kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve with wedge of lemon, tartar sauce and side of your choice.