Recipe: Seafood Pie - Atlantic Treasures The Fish Stop
If you’re looking for a simple but delicious dinner idea, why not try this Seafood Pie. Not only is this easy to make but it is are sure to be a winner with all the family! We recommend using fresh fish from Atlantic Treasures Fish Stop.
- 600g Fish of choice, (Haddock, Hake, Monkfish, Trout, Skinned and Boned)
- 600ml Milk
- ½ Onion
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 Pepper Corns
- 20g Butter
- 20g Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp. Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt and Freshly-Ground Black Pepper
- 900g Freshly Mashed Potatoes
- 25g Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
- Place the milk, onion, bay leaf and pepper corns in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Then simmer, add the fish and cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan, allow to cool a little, then flake into bite-sized pieces and put aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time until golden brown. Gradually stir in the fish liquid until the mixture boils, season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently for 3-4 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add the sauce to the fish along with the parsley and lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
- Spoon fish mixture into a 1½ litre baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top, finely sprinkle the cheese all over and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.