Smoked Mackerel Fish Cakes
If you're looking for a simple midweek meal idea our Smoked Mackerel Fish Cakes with a little kick are perfect and sure to be a winner with all the family! These fish cakes are quick and easy and the ideal way to use those left over potatoes. These fish cakes can be made either with gluten or without gluten.
Smoked Mackerel Fish Cakes - Serves 4
- 200g Atlantic Treasures Smoked Mackerel
- ½ tsp Chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Potatoes, mashed
- 4 tbsp. Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 Medium Egg
- 30g Mango, finely diced
- Fresh Coriander, chopped
- ½ Onion, finely diced
- Zest of Lemon
- Oil for Frying
- Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper
- 100g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 160g Gluten Free Bread Crumbs, dried
- Combine the smoked mackerel, mashed potatoes, egg, chilli, ginger, mango, coriander, zest of lemon, onion and salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 or 10 pieces. Shape into cakes.
- Roll in the flour, coat in the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 185°C and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or deep fry in hot fat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce of choice, we recommend sweet chilli sauce, sour cream and a lemon wedge.
You can purchase our Atlantic Treasures range online at www.thefishstop.ie
Leave A Comments